Whatsapp is by far the most used Instant Messaging App as it runs flawlessly on all major OS platform. Just like most apps, which allow you define your level of privacy, whatsapp also provides some levels of privacy which i guess some users already know. In addition to defining your privacy level, there are also some stuffs you might find interesting about the app. Without wasting much of your time, below are some of the tricks with ways to go about it for those who do not know.
HOW TO CRASH SOMEONE’S WHATSAPP
Crashing a friend’s whatsapp is the easiest of all whatsapp tips and tricks.
To do this, all that is required is to copy a very huge word content online i.e copy any post/writeup/article/Smiley, emoji just anything that is copyable paste and repaste in other to make it huge then send to your victim in a single chat. The moment your victim gets the chat and opens it, his/her whatsapp will start to malfunction followed by a message pop-up ‘whatsapp is not responding’. The technical interpretation of what you just did is, you sent a large message content which exceeds what whatsapp’s server can handle at a time. Hackers often make use of this. Until the victim deletes the particular chat that crashed it, whatsapp would seize to work. N.B Pasting huge content before forwarding to your victim can also crash your whatsapp. The very moment the content you are pasting in the chatbox begins to delay just stop or else your case becomes that of the hunter who later became the haunted.
HOW TO CHANGE A FRIEND’S PROFILE PICTURE FROM YOUR DEVICE
Pranking your friends by changing their profile picture from your device can be fun atimes.
To achieve this, open your whatsapp and click two friends’ (the friend you wish to change its profile picture with the other friend’s picture as well) profile pix in other to see both saved in your directory. After viewing the profile picture from whatsapp, – proceed to your app drawer
– Open your file manager
– Look for the folder ‘whatsapp’ from your Sdcard
– Open the inner folder ‘profile pictures’ from the whatsapp folder. There you will see the two friends’ profile pictures in it.
– Select friend A’s picture, hit rename from option menu and cut the entire picture name (stored with the friend’s whatsapp number) without ‘.jpg’ then rename to anything you wish.
– After doing that, tap friend B’s picture, hit rename and delete the initial number to replace it by pasting the number cut from friend A’s picture followed without space by ‘.jpg’ so as to make it save as a image format i.e 08123456789.jpg. Save then go back to check Friend B’s picture on Whatsapp to see it replaced by Friend A’s picture.
HOW TO SEE WHO READ YOUR MESSAGE IN GROUP CHATS
Most people do not know it’s actually possible to see those who read and those who didn’t read your chats in Whatsapp group. But the fact is, Whatsapp actually included the feature. All that is needed to be done is:
– Long press on any of your chats in the group to highlight it.
– A set of icon will pop up, select the circled ‘i’ icon, this will show you a list of group members who have seen and read your chat. It will also show you the list of those who got your chat but didn’t read it.
HIDE LAST SEEN ON WHATSAPP
For specific reasons, you might not want someone to see the last time you came online. To hide this, hit whatsapp>enter settings by hitting the 3 dots at the right top corner>account> privacy> last seen> select nobody from the 3 options. Hence, nothing shows when your contacts try to check the last time you came online.
HIDE PROFILE PICTURE
To hide your profile picture, it’s almost the same procedure as above hit whatsapp>enter settings by hitting the 3 dots at the right top corner>account> privacy> profile photo> select nobody from the 3 options.