How to Change Your Country on Amazon So You Can Buy Different Kindle Books

Amazon Inc. as we all know is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington that was founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994. The tech giant is the largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization.

With that said, Amazon has an E-book right which doesn’t allow UK publishers sell books in the US and vice versa.

For American fan of Hume, this would be pretty annoying, since you can’t purchase books from the UK Kindle Store but we have carved out a workaround which allows you change which Store your Kindle uses.

For this to work, you need an address in the other country. For example, if you’re American and want to use the UK Kindle Store, you need a UK address. 
There are two simple ways to get one: ask a friend who lives in the UK if you can use their address for Kindle purchases, or just make one up. For me, who needs a fake address in the US, I’m partial to the ZIP 90210 myself. As long as you’re not getting physical products delivered, Amazon won’t notice that 123 Harry Street, Beverly Hills, California, doesn’t exist.

Read: How to encrypt any file formats on Android devices  

Whatever way you get your address, the process is the same. Open the Amazon version of the country you’re currently using. For me right now, that’s


— Hover over the Account and Lists drop down and select Your Content and Devices.

— Next, select Settings.

Then, under Country Settings, click Change.

Enter the address you want to use in the country you want to change to and click Update.

And just like that, Amazon thinks you’re a resident somewhere else. You’ll then be able to purchase items from that country’s Kindle Store.

I’ve done this a few times a year, as I’ve run into books not available in one Kindle Store or the other, and never run into any problems. It’s never interfered with also buying products from Amazon, even if they think I’m resident in the US when I’m in Ireland. If you do encounter any issues, just swap your resident address back to your real one, using the same process above.



Leave a Reply