c505218304b50c59c3659f6dda43bae7-links-3–>Few years back, Autoplaying could easily be disabled by not enabling Flash player on browsers but this isn’t the case anymore due to advance in technologies. The internet has adopted better technologies which are capable of auto playing these videos.
But most times these videos tend to be nothing more than annoying ads and news bulletin waiting to squeeze some huge amount of megabytes off one’s subscription. Considering the later, there is need to always stop these videos from Auto playing to save some megabytes.
Despite the level of advancement, There are still ways to block these on every PC browser such that the videos only play when you click on it. Just follow the steps below.
- Launch Chrome browser
- Install the Disable HTML5 Autoplay extension by opening the linked page and clicking Add to Chrome.
- Now open any website and you’ll notice that videos don’t autoplay anymore.
- Launch Opera
- Install the Disable HTML5 Autoplay.
- Launch Opera and install it from the linked page by clicking on Add to Opera.
No browser extension needed.
- Open Firefox.
- Type about:config in the address bar.
- Hit Enter.
- Click I accept the risk!.
- Type autoplay.enabled in the next to Search:.
- Double-click autoplay.enabled so that the value changes to false.
- This will stop videos from autoplaying on Firefox.
By following these steps, you will stop videos from autoplaying on both Windows and Mac PCs.
If you enjoyed this post, please use the share button and let your social contacts know about this and other enlightening posts from us. Also bookmark our site and like our Facebook page in order not to miss any of our updates.