c505218304b50c59c3659f6dda43bae7-links-1–>The post “How to Install iOS 11 Using Over-the-Air (OTA) Update” gives in details the steps required in details. kindly read till the end.
How to Install iOS 11 Using iTunes
After months of beta testing, Apple has finally released iOS 11 to the public. Users can now download and install iOS 11 on their iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and enjoy all the amazing new features that it comes with, such as customizable Control Center, native screen recorder, AR, new Files app, and much more.
Now that the update is available, you can either install it using the over-the-air (OTA) update or via iTunes. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to download and install iOS 11 using either method on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
iOS 11 Compatible Devices
Before updating, make sure to check that your device is supported. The iOS 11 compatibility list is as follows:
iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation, 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
iPod Touch 6th generation
Backup Your iOS Device
It is extremely important that you first make a complete backup of your iOS device before updating to iOS 11. Things could go wrong during the upgrade process, so if this happens, you can safely restore your device and use the backup without losing any of your data. To backup your iOS device, you can use either iTunes or iCloud.
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Click on the device icon in the top left corner of iTunes.
3. Press the Backup Now button.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Tap on your name at the top of Settings, then tap on iCloud.
3. Under the Apps Using iCloud section, scroll to the end of the list and press iCloud Backup.
4. Toggle on iCloud Backup if you haven’t done so, then press the Backup Now button.
How to Install iOS 11 Using Over-the-Air (OTA) Update
Before you download and install the update, take note of the following:
• Plug in your iOS device to the charger to ensure that your battery doesn’t drain during the update process.
• Ensure that you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network rather than Cellular Data, otherwise you’ll end up wasting your mobile data bandwidth.
• The download could take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours. It depends on your internet speed as well as the load on Apple servers.
• Do not unplug your device during the update process and avoid interfering with the update until it completes
Open the Settings app on your device.
Go to General > Software Update.
You’ll see a pending software update for iOS 11. Tap on Download & Install.
Enter your device passcode when prompted.
On the Terms & Conditions screen, tap on the Agree button in the bottom right corner.
The download will now begin. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours for the download to complete depending on your internet speed and the load on Apple’s servers.
Once the download has been completed, you’ll receive a notification on your device. Go back to Settings > General > Software Update, then tap on Install Now to install iOS 11 on your device.
How to Install iOS 11 Using iTunes
The first step is to make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed. Open iTunes, then click on iTunes in the menu bar. Now select Check for updates. If you don’t see this option, then it means that your iTunes is on the latest version.
Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
Click on the device icon in the top left corner of iTunes to open the Summary page.
Click on the Check for Update button.
A popup appears informing you that an update is available for iOS 11. Click on the Download and Update button.
iTunes will now begin downloading iOS 11. Once it’s done, it will be installed on your device. During the update, do not unplug your device and make sure that your PC is connected to the charger so that the battery doesn’t drain.
Once the update is complete, your device will reboot and show the Lock screen. Unlock your device and go through the initial setup process to begin using your device as normal with iOS 11 installed.